Saturday, March 05, 2011

Card Show Auction Purchases

My sons and I had a good time at the Twin Cities Sports Collectors Club show and auction today in Bloomington.  I bought nine more high-number cards from the 1972 Topps set to send out for autographs and my older son bought about ten 1958 Topps to send out.

We also attended the auction at the show today.  It turned out to be a good one for me.  The main item I was interested was a game-used, signed bat by Cristian Guzman.  It had a minimum bid of $40 and I thought it would go well above that.  But, it didn't.  I won it for $40, there were no other bidders. (Again, the blog wants to rotate the image and I can't change it)


I also bought a baseball signed by Ralph Branca.  It's not authenticated, but it looks pretty good to me.  It was only $19.


Finally, I bought a set of five signed Hall of Fame postcards including Robin Roberts, Enos Slaughter, Fergie Jenkins, Bobby Doerr and Ralph Kiner.  The Roberts signature is a little smeared.  All of these players are/were good signers through the mail and the signatures look similar to ttm examples I've gotten myself so I'm pretty confident they are legitimate.  The set of cards was $22.


My younger son didn't get anything at the show but enjoyed watching the auction.

No comments: