Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't got a lot to share, but I have a few things to catch up on.

First, a while ago my son got back a Carlos Gomez picture signed during Spring Training that the guys at GateX autographs took care of for us.  I had also sent in one for myself, but they weren't able to get that one signed.  Gomez's signature is horrible, like most current players, and he signed it in about the worst spot possible, because it's dark.  Oh well.  The picture itself is really cool.


Today I ordered our tickets for the Twins Autograph Party on June 12th.  $43 each, with "convenience fees".  Ouch.  Johnny and I want to get Killebrew to sign our throwback jerseys, which will be $20 cheaper than TwinsFest.  Johnny also wants to get Killebrew to sign the picture of Killebrew with Hank Aaron, on which he spent his life savings getting Aaron's autograph.  I also have a picture I want signed, as well as a Wheeldon print, but Johnny also wants a bobblehead signed.  My younger son and wife will help get a couple of these other items signed.

Lastly, I wanted to mentioned that Hall of Famer Robin Roberts passed away on May 6th.  I have several autographs from Roberts that I've received through the mail over the last seven years that I've been collecting.  He signed for a small donation for B.A.T. (Baseball Assistance Team).  It's guys like Roberts that I've really enjoyed learning about and writing to for autographs.  I find it much harder to get interested in the guys from the 70's and later, so I find myself becoming a little less interested in the hobby as each old timer passes away.  Eventually I'll probably just collect current Twins players.




I have been very busy lately with my sons' traveling baseball schedules and weekend tournaments, as well as traveling for work so I have not sent out any requests.  I may get a few minutes to send out 2 or 3 today before we head out to my son's baseball game this afternoon.

No comments: