Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Lot of Buying

I've been spending a lot of money lately. I received the dozen Twins mini helmets I ordered so I'm in good shape for supplies.

I also bought a few game used bats from a guy on eBay. The bats include Nick Punto, Jason Kubel, Brendan Harris and Craig Monroe. My sons have claimed the Punto and Harris bats already. Both Punto and Harris are signing on Saturday, August 1st. My boys will be out of town, so I told them I'll try to get them signed. Unfortunately, they're signing in different cities at about the same time, so it might be tricky.

I also bought a Justin Morneau FatHead. Fatheads are life-sized vinyl cut outs that stick to your wall. So we'll add a life-sized Morneau to the basement.

I also ordered a couple of Evan Longoria signed baseballs from Steiner. They had a sale that I thought was pretty reasonable. I'll give these to the boys as well.

Speaking of the boys, their baseball seasons have wrapped up. My older son John's team was really flat towards the end of the season and didn't do well in their tournaments or playoffs. My younger son David's team played well and made it to the quarterfinals of the State Tournament before having to forfeit since they were short a kid. Long story, and heartbreaking for the kids.

I've included a picture of David pitching here. He pitched two innings in each of the games in the pool, and three innings in the first bracket game.

Now we practice on our own until Fall Ball starts in September.

No comments: