Wednesday, February 04, 2009

TwinsFest - Rod Carew


My older son Johnny and my wife stood in Rod Carew's line on Saturday during TwinsFest. My wife had him sign his 2008 Goudey for me.












Johnny had him sign a mini helmet, which he signed nicely in gold on the side. Johnny was a little disappointed at first that it was gold instead of the regular silver, but after looking at it some more, he really likes it. I do too.


Unfortunately, Rod Carew doesn't sign bats or jerseys at TwinsFest, so the options are somewhat limited as to what you can have him sign. Last year Johnny had him sign a baseball and I had him sign a Sports Illustrated. I have been contemplating buying Carew's rookie card, a 1967 Topps, and having him sign that, but it's quite expensive and he shares the card with Hank Allen, so his picture is rather small on it. I have a 1968 Topps, which is his first "solo" card, so I'll probably have him sign that next year. Or, possibly a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game, like Johnny is working on.

I'm falling a bit behind in scanning in all the items we got signed. But I think I'm done with all of David's, all of John's except his full sized bat and cap, and I've done all the cards I got signed (26 of them) . I still have to do all the 8x10's, magazines, bobbleheads, balls and bats that I got.

No comments: