Saturday, August 31, 2024

More Gladden and Some TTM Returns

I already posted about the ball and bobblehead I received back from the Dan Gladden signing, but my poster shipped separately due to its odd size, and I received it yesterday.  I only need Scott Erickson and Greg Gagne to complete the possible posters from this set.  Puckett is the only one not possible to get signed.  If I ever decide to frame and/or display these posters, maybe I'll find some cut signature from Puckett to include on his poster.


Yesterday, I also received a nice return from Wilbur Wood, who signed my cards exactly as I requested.  I had sticky notes on the team cards since they are getting pretty full.





In fact, the Pirates card is so full now I've decided to retire it.  It could probably hold another signature or two, but I'm too afraid to lose it now.  Bob Priddy has passed away since he signed it.  Gene Alley was the first to sign it, returning it to me in July of 2023.

Today I received a return from Rick Reichardt.  I've sent to him a couple times in the past, going all the way back to 2006.  He always signed in fine black ink, which appears to be the case for most returns, according to what I saw on SCN.  I decided to send him a blue sharpie to get some better signatures.  He signed his 1966 and 1971 Topps as well as the 1965 and 1966 Angels team cards.





He also included a signed picture of him in a Senators uniform with a Rays Fan Fest logo.  I'm not sure what his connection is to the Rays.  I couldn't find any mention of him coaching or working in their front office.

I also received a return from Gene Leek, who signed his 1961 Topps and a 1963 Angels team card.  It's rare these days that I get a ttm return from the 1961 set since I think I've got all of the good, remaining signers.  I think there are a couple more good signers with high-number cards that I just haven't splurged for yet.  A George Thomas card from that set will cost me about $35.  I paid $18 for Mr. Leek's card.


Finally, I received a 2003 Topps signed Dusty Gomon to add to my Twins set for that year.  I've been working on that set because that's the year I started collecting autographs.  I don't even know how many more I need, but I need the big names: Mauer, Morneau, Santana, etc., and there are many other higher-priority things I'd like them to sign so I may never get this set complete.

No comments: