Thursday, August 29, 2024

Gentile, Gladden and Richardson Returns

Today was a good day at the mailbox.

I received one ttm success.  Bobby Richardson signed the 1956 Topps Yankees team card and added his years with the team as an inscription.

He is one of three surviving players form the 1955 Yankees team, but I don't think I'll try to send it off to anyone else. One of the two players signs, but that is Art Schallock, who is 100 years old, and I've had mixed success with him so I will not bother him again.  The other is Billy Hunter, who has been a good ttm signer, but has been returning cards unsigned since February.

I received four cards back from a signing with Jim Gentile.  Mr. Gentile is 90 years old and recently lost his wife.  He has fallen behind on his ttm but an SCN contact arranged a signing to help him out.  He also helped try to return the existing outstanding ttm requests, which can then be sent to Mr. Gentile for his new fee of $10 per card.  I sent some signed team cards, so I'll have to decide if I want to send them to him again.  There is some risk that I may get them back if he decides signing is just too much for him.  According to the SCN contact, it is quite an effort for him now.  He did a nice job signing these cards, and even was able to sign very small on the two homerun leaders cards I sent.  I committed to send four cards but then had trouble rounding them up, so I sent two of the leaders cards.  That would be an amazing card to have completed!




Finally, I received a bobblehead and baseball back from a Dan Gladden signing.

The bobblehead is the season ticket version from 2009 (I think).


The baseball is my last HHH Metrodome logo balls.  It has some toning, but not as bad as the scan makes it look.

No comments: