Monday, August 19, 2024

Four TTM Returns to Start Off the Week!

I was hoping for some kind of miracle today, but that didn't happen. 

Of the four return envelopes in my Informed Delivery email this morning, one was postmarked from Missouri (MO).  It also had a stamp on it, the type of which I haven't used for a few months.  So, looking through my outstanding requests, there was a chance it may have been coming from Whitey Herzog.  I realize he passed away a few months ago, but my last request to him was sent in plenty of time for him to reply.  In fact, many fellow-SCN members sent after me and had their requests successfully returned before he passed away.  I had this fantasy in my mind that he had signed my cards and simply set them aside rather than toss them in the mailbox, and some relative of his mailed my sase recently.

But that wasn't the case.  And my Hall of Fame postcard, three Topps cards and $20 bill are still at large.  

The return from MO turned out to be from Don Buschhorn, who signed his 1965 Topps card already signed by Darold Knowles.

Wade Boggs added his signature to Bill Madlock's on a 1984 Topps Batting Leaders card for his $10 fee.

Wes Stock, an amazingly generously ttm signer, signed his 1961 Topps for me, as well as three team cards, all signed beautifully in fine blue marker.




And finally, Don Lee, former-Twin and incredibly generous signer, signed four team cards for me, including three that I recently bought from Mill Creek Sports that each had a single deceased player's autograph on them, as well as a 1963 Twins team card that I bought with several signatures on it and am adding more.  These players included Dean Chance, Bill Rigney and Curt Simmons.



In addition, he included picture about postcard-sized of him in a Twins uniform, and an inscription on the back noting he was on the first Twins team in 1961.


After all these generous signatures and including an extra signed picture for me, he actually wrote, "Thank You!!" on the back of my sase!  He doesn't charge a fee, and I didn't include one, or any extras for him to keep.  And still, he thanked ME!  What a great, generous signer!  I should try to come up with some extra cards or something to send him as a thank you.

No comments: