Sunday, August 18, 2024

Kranepool, Montanez and Pleis TTM Returns

I was happy to see three sases in my mailbox today because my Informed Delivery email only showed two.

Ed Kranepool signed his 1971 Topps and a 1970 Mets team card for his $10 per card fee.  I was a little disappointed to see them signed in black.  If I'm paying $10, I usually expect that they'll be signed in blue.  I had sent the 71 Topps to try to upgrade my existing card that I had purchased, signed in ballpoint.  He also broke the perfect streak of blue sigs on the team card.  Oh well.  It doesn't sound like it, but I am happy to get these back.



I sent a few cards to Willie Montanez earlier this year.  The 72 Topps I sent at that time had some wax stains on it that I didn't notice, and the signature didn't turn out great.  So, I sent another one as well as a 1972 Phillies team card.  He charges $5 per card.



And former-Twin Bill Pleis signed the 1963 and 1965 Twins team cards for me.  

There's still plenty of room for more signatures on the 63.  It currently contains:

  • Frank Kostro
  • Dick Stigman
  • Rich Rollins
  • Bernie Allen
  • Joe Bonikowski
  • Don Lee
  • Bill Pleis


I think the 65 team card is about full, with 10 signatures on it, including:

  • Al Worthington
  • Joe Nossek
  • Bernie Allen
  • Camilo Pascual
  • Rich Rollins
  • Bill Dailey
  • Dick Stigman
  • Jim Perry
  • Frank Kostro
  • Bill Pleis

No comments: