Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Claude Raymond Mail-In Signing Issues

Today I received a couple cards back from a Claude Raymond mail-in signing.  Unfortunately, I sent in four cards.  I also received a signed card of Orlando Cabrera, which was another signing this promoter was running, but for which I didn't send any cards.

For each card I send in, I put a post-it note on the back with my name, SCN member name, and instructions, like "Blue Sharpie".  They somehow moved that post-it note to the back of the Orlando Cabrera card.  I'm not sure what happened, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a big hassle.

This promoter was participating in ExposFest I guess, because that's who I made the check to.  Their SCN profile lists pastpros.com as their web site.  They have signed 1964 and 1971 Claude Raymond cards listed on their web site for sale, which is kind of funny.  At least that means my cards are still around, or at least a reasonable replacement for them.

The team cards I got back would have been the more difficult to replace, at least the 1963 Braves card that already had four signatures, including Ken Aspromonte, Hank Fischer, Jack Curtis and Lou Klimchock.



I mailed in a few items for a Dan Gladden signing coming up, including another poster from the 1991 Twins World Series set that I've been working on.

No comments: