Thursday, September 05, 2024

A Few Days of Returns

I've fallen behind by a couple days.

Two days ago, I received a purchase from Mill Creek, who had a Labor Day sale with some decent prices on vintage cards.





Tuesday also brought several ttm returns.

Cecil Cooper signed the 1972 Topps Commissioners Award (now called the Roberto Clemente Award) I previously sent to Greg Luzinski.  

Roy Face returned another 1966 East Hills Shopping Center card, helping fulfill my oddball card craving.

Andre Dawson signed the 1972 MVP and ROY Award cards for me for $10 per.


And Don Ferrarese signed three team cards for me.



Yesterday, Al Downing signed his 1962 Topps rookie card for his $12 fee.  I'm a little disappointed it's in black ink.  I would think someone who charges would know to use blue sharpie.

Also yesterday, Masanori Murakami signed his 1965 Topps rookie card, a 1965 Giants team card I purchased with Herman Franks signature on it, and a 1966 Topps Giants team card that I had Juan Marichal sign ttm.  Mr. Murakami lives in Tokyo.  I included $20 USD to help cover return postage.  It only cost me about $1.60 to send to him.



And today, I received an eBay purchase of Rocky Colavito on his 1962 Topps "Colavito's Power" card.  I bought this for less than I would pay to buy the card, send it to him along with his $55 fee, and pay for postage.  And it's slabbed.  This autograph is probably about 10 years old at least, based on the smoothness of the signature.  His more recent ones are getting pretty shaky.

I also received a Billy Williams request back unsigned with the money I had included.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

No comments: