Friday, September 06, 2024

Face, Foli, Powell and a Failure

I received two ttm successes today and one failure.

I received a thank you greeting card from Vern Law who wrote to tell me that my envelope to him arrived open and empty.  No sase, no cards, no $20.  Bummer.  It was nice of him to let me know though!

Tim Foli signed three cards for me.  I had sent a sharpie and $15.  He didn't use my sharpie for some reason, but he returned my $15.  He also included a signed religious pamphlet.



Roy Face signed the 1961 Pirates team card I Sent very shortly after my last request.  I wrote to him that I had forgotten to include this card in my last request and apologized for the multiple requests and included $10 instead of my usual $5 for him.  

I wanted Mr. Face to sign it first, because I suspect his vision may be going since he's signed a few of my team cards over other signatures.

And I received a return from a Boog Powell mail-in signing (The Dugout Zone), adding another 1964 Topps Standup to my collection and completing a few 1971 Topps for my set.  People on SCN had warned about both the promoter and Mr. Powell not signing where instructed, or using the appropriate pen, etc., but I am very happy with how these turned out and wouldn't hesitate to send again.




No comments: