Thursday, September 12, 2024

TTM Cards and Magazine Including Mazeroski and Shantz

I received four ttm successes today.

Although I had just sent to George Altman, his last return came to me in his own envelope and stamp, leading me to believe that my sase probably got stuck shut on its way to him due to the humidity.  So, I sent a card I'd been meaning to send anyway, a 1961 Topps, along with $10 and a book of stamps. He signed and returned my card but didn't offer an explanation as to why he didn't use my sase.

Bob Johnson (one of two Bob Johnsons in the MLB from the 60's and 70's), signed a couple of his cards, including a 1971 Buy Back, and a couple Pirates team cards.





I seem to have a never-ending stream of requests out to both Bobby Shantz and Bill Mazeroski.  I feel a little less guilty about bothering them since I include money with my requests.

Bobby Shantz signed a 1953 On the Road Magazine.  I've never heard of this magazine before.  It appears to be geared towards teenagers.


And Bill Mazeroski signed the 1972 Topps Babe Ruth Award card, a 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces, and a 1961 Dell Sports magazine.  I'll send this magazine off to Bobby Richardson next.  He's pictured sliding into home in the lower picture.  It's too bad I didn't start this when Whitey Ford was still with us.



No comments: