Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Ken Aspromonte and Rickey Clark TTM Returns

I received a couple of ttm returns today and a couple more Ryan Jeffers auto cards that I bought on eBay. 

I sent Rick(ey) Clark his 1972 and 1973 Topps which he signed nicely.  I'm not sure why I didn't send any team cards though.


And Ken Aspromonte signed his 1972 Topps, the 1958 Red Sox team card on the back, and the 1963 Braves and Indians team cards on the front.  I'm assuming he signed the 58 on the back because the fronts are so crowded, even without any signatures.  I think I'll limit those cards to just 3-4 autographs and call them done.  They just don't look good signed.


The 1963 Topps team cards have a lot of space though and look really nicely with 8-12 signatures on them.  I think they look even better with different ink colors and signature sizes.  It gives it the appropriate look to reflect that it's traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to gather all these signatures.

I think I'd be suspicious if the signatures on a team card used the same ink.  You can also see the toll that all the traveling is taking on the cards themselves.  The colors are actually being rubbed off.  If the player puts the letter back in my sase, there is often ink that has rubbed off on the paper.



I also bought a couple more Ryan Jeffers auto cards.  I actually bought these quite a while ago but had to file a claim that I didn't receive them, then the seller received hem back for not having enough postage.  So, I bought them from him again.



I've enjoyed watching Jeffers play this year, and these cards are all very affordable.  I don't think I've paid more than $4.50 shipped for any of the cards I've bought so far.  I'm not sure I'll be buying too many more though.  

No comments: