Sunday, October 01, 2023

Carl Erskine and J.C. Martin TTM Returns and Some Purchases

I was out of town for a little while but came home to a couple ttm returns. I know these were both delivered on Friday since they were in my Informed Delivery email that day.

Carl Erskine signed his 1954 Red Heart card.  I already have this card signed by him, but was hoping for a blue sharpie upgrade, which I didn't get.  This card is also in worse shape than the one I already have.  Oh well.

And J.C. Martin signed the 1965 White Sox team card, as well as his 1969, 1971 and 1974 Topps cards.  He was a coach on the 74 Topps.  Spangler and Marshall are still around and are good signers, so I'll be sending this one on to them as well.




I purchased another 1958 Topps for my set.  A rather inexpensive (< $20) unauthenticated Bob Buhl card.  I had purchased a 1965 Topps signed by him a while ago.  This one has a similar signature, for whatever that's worth.

And I bought a 1996 Legends Brooks Robinson card.  Put out by the MLBPA, this set also includes Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew, Willie Stargell and Al Kaline.  I think that's all.  I'll try to get the whole set.  I didn't by this one because Brooks recently passed away.  It was just a coincidence.  I've been watching for these cards for a while now but want ones that come in the original plastic case, inside a little cardboard folder, and with a COA.  They're not super expensive, but not many of them have all the original accessories.

No comments: