Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Schwall, Mazeroski and Rader (Dave)

I've slacked on posting my returns lately.

Last Saturday, I received a return from Don Schwall, who signed his 1964 Topps, as well as the 1963 Red Sox team card and the 1965 Pirates team card.




Yesterday, I received returns from Bill Mazeroski, who signed his 1969 Kahn's Weiners card for his $10 fee.

And Rader, Dave (for you American Dad fans, and to distinguish him from Doug), signed his 1972 Topps rookie card to complete my third copy of it, and signed some team cards with just his last name.  He signed the 1972 and 1973 Giants team cards on the back, and the 1978 Cardinals card on the front.  I have no idea why, buy maybe, for some reason, he's not in the pictures?  I really don't know.  But, as a friend on SCN suggested, I may start putting stickies on the back of team cards requesting that they sign the front.




I ordered a couple relatively expensive Bobby Shantz Red Man cards to send off to him.  I hope they get here soon, I'm anxious to get them done.  I'll probably send along a blue sharpie to make sure they get signed in blue.

No comments: