Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Returns Starting to Come In

The 20 or so requests I sent out last week are starting to come back. Today I got two.

Joe Nathan signed three cards for me: 2008 and 2009 Topps Heritage and a 2009 Upper Deck Goudey. Nathan is an All-Star and maybe the best (or second best) closer in baseball. It's amazing he takes the time to sign and return his fan mail.

Billy Pierce signed two cards for me: a 1960 and 1962 Topps.

You can see that the 2009 Topps Heritage is styled after the 1960 Topps. I expect to get several more returns tomorrow. I will probably send out a few more tomorrow as well and try to keep the momentum going. I'm WAY behind my goal of 365 requests this year and doubt I'll even come close. But, I'll keep trying. I'm at the point where I'm running out of the guys from the '50's and '60's that I don't already have. I'm sure there are some guys that only showed up in one or two cards that I don't have, but I've got most of the guys like Billy Pierce who had long careers during those decades.


I bought a bunch of cards on eBay with some paypal money that my sisters gave me for my birthday. I also bought a few old magazines.

No comments: