Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Denny McLain Return

Today in the mail I received a Sports Illustrated from 1968 signed by Denny McLain. As you'll recall, Mr. McLain won 31 games in 1968 for the Detroit Tigers. I had him sign a Sports Illustrated poster at Bud's Sports Cards back in October.


This event was a a fund raiser for Lee High School in Wyoming, Michigan. A fellow member over at sportsgraphing.com arranged to take items to the event and send them back to everyone. The fee was only $5.

The magazine has pretty nasty label marks, but for only $5 to have it signed, I'm happy with it.

On Monday I mailed off nine requests, and 2 more yesterday, including another Whitey Ford card. This time, a 2008 Goudey. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time. I didn't include a penny sleeve or any other type of case with the card. I also sent it to his Florida address instead of the New York address listed on his web site. I think this will result in a much quicker return.

Tomorrow I am mailing a 1949 Bowman to Eddie Bockman.

No comments: