Monday, February 09, 2009

TwinsFest - 2008 Topps Heritage


I really like the Topps Heritage sets. These sets contain new players, but the card designs are of those from earlier years. One of my favorite sets is the 2003 Heritage, which is designed like the 1954 Topps set. I also like the 2007 Heritage, which is designed like the 1958 Topps set. All these sets are good for autographs, because they aren't glossy, so an ink signature doesn't bubble up or smear.

The 2008 Heritage set is designed like the 1959 Topps set. I like the cards, but they're not great for autographs since there is already a facsimile signature on the card. However, there were quite a few Twins in the higher numbers of the set, so I took several to TwinsFest to get signed.



I ended up getting seven different cards signed, including Brendan Harris, Brian Buscher, Jason Kubel, Kevin Slowey, Mike Redmond, Nick Blackburn and Scott Baker. I've posted a few scans here of these cards.

No comments: