Monday, February 16, 2009

TwinsFest - More 8x10 Pictures

Denard Span

I got a total of 15 signed pictures at TwinsFest this year. I like autographed items like 8x10s and baseball cards that have the player's pictures on them. They also take up little room to store, but take some work to display nicely.

Kevin Slowey

For 8x10 pictures, I buy very inexpensive black metal frames at Michael's (2 for $6) and black mats that are usually about $3.50. I have a lot of 8x10s that need to be framed and hung in the basement. I'm not sure when I'll get to that. I think I still have some signed 8x10s that I haven't framed yet from players that aren't even on the team any more.

Bobby Korecky

Michael's also has some nice frames that hold 20 baseball cards. I have one full of some of my 1958 Topps. I plan on filling another with the 2008 Goudeys when I get 20 of them signed. The regular price on those frames is about $40, but I only buy them with a 40-50% off coupon, which they have in the Sunday paper regularly.

Alexi Casilla

No comments: