Saturday, March 16, 2024

Multi-Signed Purchases

My ttm returns have been very slow lately which is disappointing.  Especially considering I sent out 25 requests to spring training and have only received four back.  I know spring training returns aren't what they used to be, but I was hoping for 7-8 returns, considering that I sent to some pretty reliable signers and only a couple longshots.

Today I received three multi-signed cards that I bought from an SCN member.

I already have this 1970 Topps signed by Don Buford, but this one also has Brooks Robinson on it.  I don't know why I didn't send it to Robinson when I had the chance, but I'm happy to have it now.

The 1972 Topps N.L. Strikeout Leaders card is signed by Fergie Jenkins and Bill Stoneman.  I believe I also have this card in to a Jenkins signing, which I sent before I knew I would buy this one.

When I scanned in this 1973 Topps Oakland A's manager card, I noticed some scribbling on the back.  Upon closer inspection, this scribbling was actually a very neat signature of Vern Hoscheit, who had a long career in baseball, playing in the minors and coaching and managing for decades and passed away in 2007.  This card wasn't advertised as having his signature on it, so I reached out to the seller to see if he was aware of it, and if not, if he wanted it back.  Hoscheit's signature seems relatively rare, but not in really high demand, so the very few eBay listings for it vary widely with few to no sales.

The seller said he wasn't aware of it, but that it's fine and I can keep it.  Nice!


I sent this card to Wes Stock in 2014, but then never sent it to anyone else.  Williams had passed away by then, but Irv Noren was still with us.

No comments: