Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Dick Green and Frank Tepedino TTM Returns

Only one of these sases showed up in my Informed Delivery email, so receiving two was a nice surprise.

From that email, I noticed the sase had a stamp design on it that I used from April through August last year, so I checked my records to see who it might be from.  There were only a couple returns still outstanding, but none of them were sent to N.Y., which is what the postmark said on this sase.  I thought maybe I forgot to log one, but nope, it was from Frank Tepedino, who signed his 1971 and 1975 Topps, but not the 1991 Wiz Yankees card.  He returned that card but didn't sign it.  I had sent to an address in South Carolina.


The other return was from Dick Green, who signed his 1971 and 1973 Topps, as well as the 1975 ALCS card.  



The 71 and 73 are nice upgrades to cards he previously signed for me in ballpoint.


The 1975 card has some controversy surrounding it regarding who is actually pictured on it.  Despite having a fairly good look at the face of the player, it's hard to tell if it's Dick Green or Ted Kubiak.  I posted this question on SCN and there was no consensus.  I had asked Dick Green in my letter to him if he thought that was him in the picture, but he didn't respond to my question.  It's very likely the picture isn't actually from the ALCS.  Look how empty the stands are.  That's very unlikely for a playoff game (even if it is the A's).  Sidetrack: I can't believe the A's are going to move from Oakland.  It just doesn't seem right.

I will send off another copy of this card to Ted Kubiak just to be sure.  I just got a return from him about a week ago though, so I'll wait a while before bothering him again.

I regret I didn't notice that the sliding runner is Brooks Robinson earlier.  It would have been great to have this card signed by both players.  Or maybe, all three players?

2 comments:

Jamie Meyers said...

I got that 1975 card signed by Green a month or so ago. I asked him as well and he didn't respond. I previously got a copy signed by Ted Kubiak. Maybe even they don't know!

Droidtrader said...

I think you're right, Jamie!