Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Carrasquel, Ramos and Tiant

It's been annoyingly slow lately.  My spring training requests have largely been a huge bust.  

I have a bunch of ttm requests out to very reliable signers and see returns on SCN, while my requests remain unanswered.   One of those was returned today, however.

Former-Twin Luis Tiant signed his 1970 Topps for his $10 fee.  My request took 51 days, while most of his returns occur within 2-3 weeks.

I bought a couple of PSA/DNA authenticated cards, including a 1958 Topps Chico Carrasquel for my set, and a 1959 Pedro Ramos pictured along with Camilo Pascual.  I intend to crack this one open and send it off to Pascual tom complete it.  I've wanted this card completed for a long time, but haven't found one signed by Ramos, who is still alive, as far as I know, but apparently lives in Nicaragua.


No comments: