Saturday, January 25, 2014

TwinsFest 2014 Day Two Wrap Up

We finally made it home, after our much-anticipated trip to Taco Bell.  All in all, it was a pretty successful day with a couple of sore spots.

First, we didn't make it through the Willingham/MudCat Grant line.  We should have had time but the line moved very slowly.

Next, while waiting in line for Carew and Oliva, my son went to buy a pop.  We had been in line for an hour already.  After he left, they decided to move the line form the hallway into the suites area.  Of course, that left my son out in the hallway after he got back with his pop and they wouldn't let him in.  Well, they would let him in, but at the end of the line.  Since I had his seat back and backpack, I got the autogaphs for him.

Luckily, he headed up to the line with Miguel Sano and just made it through in the nick of time.  So I guess it all worked out.

Tomorrow my boys have a baseball clinic to attend so I'll be going alone.  I've debated not going because there aren't a whole lot more autographs I want to get.  I'd try for Mauer again, but that will mean standing out in the single-digit temps for 45 minutes, after 2-4 inches of snow tonight.  Other than that, it's pretty hit or miss.  I'll probably go, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

No comments: