Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tommy John Return and John Wheeldon Portraits

I FINALLY got back my 1965 Topps from the Major League Alumni Marketing (MLAM) signing that I originally sent my card in for last March. Due to this delay, and the mix up with my Jim Kaat bobblehead that came back unsigned, I got the Robin Yount baseball signed for free that I posted a while ago. I'm satisfied with the whole deal I guess.

My younger son and I went to The Ballpark in Apple Valley today. I won a Twins scorecard from 1962 on eBay and stopped in to pick it up rather than pay for shipping. (I'll post some pictures of that tomorrow.) While I was there, I ran across some John Wheeldon portraits of the Twins that were given away at Super Valu in 1970. There are 12 in the set and I picked up 10 of them including:

  • Harmon Killebrew
  • Brant Alyea
  • Leo Cardenas
  • Rod Carew
  • Jim Kaat
  • George Mitterwald
  • Tony Oliva
  • Jim Perry
  • Rich Reese
  • Luis Tiant
The two I still have left to get are Cesar Tovar and Ron Perranoski. I plan to try to get most of these signed. Tovar is deceased but I believe the rest of these guys are still around and are decent signers.



A few of them sign well through the mail and I'll try to get Killebrew and Carew at TwinsFest.

No comments: