Thursday, October 22, 2009

1951 Topps Wax Wrapper

On an impulse, I bought a 1951 Topps wax wrapper on eBay. It wasn't too expensive (<$10). For some reason, I find stuff like this cool. I also have an empty wax box (box that held several packs of cards for display at the store) from the 1956 Topps set.
I'll have to buy a few cheap '51 Topps to display with it. That year was the first for Topps. The cards came two to a pack along with a piece of caramel. The cards were intended to be used as as game, although I haven't found any specific information on how that was played.


It's been an expensive week, even though I don't have anything to show for it yet. I decided to add a 16x20 to my Willie Mays purchase so I mailed a check for that. I also sent a ball and 2008 Goudey to a Cal Ripken Jr. signing.

Finally, today I ordered a signed Joe Mauer jersey from Ironclad Authentics. They are having a 30% off sale. Mauer was one of the cheapest jerseys on their site to begin with, so it was reasonably cheap after the discount. If he wins the MVP award this year, it will be a long time before I get another chance to buy a jersey this cheap.

No comments: