Saturday, December 04, 2010

TTM Returns and Card Show Finds

The snow didn't keep us from making it to the card show in Bloomington today.  We attended the auction and bought a few things.  I bought a signed Matt Lawton bobblehead for only $11.  My younger son bought a Johan Santana placque that included an 8x10 and two baseball cards (not signed).  I also bought four 9-card pages filled with 1971 Topps including Willie McCovey, Billy Williams and Joe Morgan.  At $3 it was a bargain.  At the tables, my older son bought 22 1958 Topps cards to send out for autographs.  They were only $1 each.


I received more 1972 Topps returns today.  Phil Niekro signed his and added his HOF inscription for his $10 fee.


Monty Montgomery signed his rookie card.


Gerry Moses signed his 1971, 1972 and 1973 Topps.

 

And Dave LaRoche signed his 1972 and 1978 Topps.


I had one failure today.  I received my 1955 Topps back unsigned form Mel Roach with no explanation.  Hopefully he is doing okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the great 70s signed cards. I've added a link to you site on Auto-Matic for the People (http://cardjunk-automatic.blogspot.com/)