Saturday, September 04, 2010

Jim Kaat - In Person at Tom Frantzen's

Today my sons and I went to Tom Frantzen's in Mounds view for a Jim Kaat signing.  Mr. Kaat was in town for the "50 Greatest Twins" celebration at Target Field.  He was signing for the Bob Feller Museum.

My older son had won a Jim Kaat bobblehead at TwinsFest a few years ago so he got that signed.




My younger son isn't really interested in the retired players, but he went along and had him sign a Wheeldon print for me.  This joins Carew, Oliva and Jim Perry in my collection of Wheeldon prints.





I had Mr. Kaat sign an 8x10 picture that I purchased at the store.


This was the first time I've seen Mr. Kaat signing in the area so even though I know of some mail-in signings that are cheaper (we paid $30 per), I wanted a chance to see him and get some pictures with the boys.

I received the larger lot (315) of 1972 Topps I bought on eBay today.  I combined the two lots I bought and there aren't too many duplicates so I've got a good set of cards to start sending out.  I'm not sure when I'll have time though.

No comments: