Monday, June 29, 2009

Display Cases

I spent a long time looking for some reasonably priced display cases to store my collection in. A web search for display cases yields many large, wooden display cases with glass fronts that cost several hundred dollars, and several hundred more to ship.



Luckily, we have an Ikea reasonably close to our home. I found a tall, thin glass case that is very affordable. I have four of these cases. One in my basement and one in each of my sons' rooms, as well as one yet to be assembled. These cases are just $60, and a small light can also be purchased for about $12 more.

They are easily assembled, but do require two people to hold pieces in place while they are secured. They are by far the most economical case I found. They store a lot of items without taking up a lot of floor space.

No comments: