Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy With Baseball


Both my sons have tournaments this weekend. My older son's team has won both of their first games and is in the championship bracket tomorrow. My younger son's team won one, lost one and tied one, and ended up in the consolation bracket tomorrow.

Friday night I watched my older son's team play. It was a close game. My son hit a lead off triple over the center fielder's head one inning, but didn't score as the next three went down quickly. Today I went to two of my younger son's game. They lost the first and won the second. There was almost 4 hours between games so we had some time to kill.

We ended up at a card show in Bloomington (MN), where there was a table set up by the guy that runs Justin Morneau's fan web site (http://www.justinmorneau.com). My son's birthday is June 24th, so I bought him a Morneau autographed bat. The bat is a cracked, game used minor league bat, but not by Justin. It's pretty nice and my son liked it better than the new, plain Rawlings black bat that was also for sale. Considering how tough it is to get Morneau's autograph these days, even at the Autograph Party or TwinsFest, it was a bargain to be able to buy one without having to stand in line.

No comments: