Monday, April 22, 2024

TTM Returns, a Mail-In Signing Return, and a Purchase Arrives

Today I received all sorts of autographed cards and postcards.

I received three ttm returns:

Denny McLain signed the 1965 Tigers team card as well as the 1972 Topps Cy Young and MVP Award cards.  I hadn't really planned as to whether I'd send these award cards out to anyone else, but since he added inscriptions that took up the whole card, I'll keep these as-is.



Jim Perry signed the Twins team cards from 1970, 1971 and 1972 Topps as well as the 1972 Cy Young card.  He won the award in 1970 while with the Twins.




Ryne Sandberg signed his Hall of Fame postcard and a 2014 Topps Heritage card.  He signed the postcard across the plaque rather than the usual spot in the upper margin.  I didn't think I needed to put a post it on these postcards with instructions on where to sign, but moving forward I guess I will.



I also received a return from an Art Shamsky mail-in signing.  I had him sign a 1969 Mets Ron Lewis postcard.  He signed one for me years ago ttm, but signed it in ballpoint.

Finally, I received my third and final (for now) purchase from Mill Creek Sports.  I bought a Fritz Peterson 1975 Topps not noticing that it was a mini, a Dave Roberts 1972 Topps ERA Leaders card and a few team cards signed by Hank Foiles (now charging $20 per), Herman Franks (deceased) and Ernie Broglio (deceased).






No comments: