Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Mill Creek Sports Purchase

Today I received the first of three purchases from Mill Creek Sports.  I buy off their web site directly instead of eBay because they offer free shipping, as opposed to $4.99 shipping on eBay, and because you can usually find at least a 10% coupon.  They also don't collect sales tax. I'm assuming they do for in-state purchases and I think they are in Washington state.

This purchase included some deceased and hard to get autographs.

Randy Hundley did a couple signings a few years ago but I didn't see them at the time.  Bob Burda has a 37% success rate on SCN and hasn't had a success since 2019.  Ron Hunt now wants $50 a card to sign, which really means he doesn't want to be bothered.  Herman Franks (1966 Giants team card) and Harry Walker (1966 Pirates team card) are long-deceased.






I also received a partial 1974 Topps set.  589 out of 660, I think.  Mostly missing stars, which is fine.  I mainly will use these to send out to common players as I send out team cards and work on my 1975 and 1978 sets.

No comments: