Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Al Worthington TTM Return

95-year-old former Twin Al Worthington signed his 1958, 1963 and 1968 Topps for me.  And as he usually does, he also enclosed a couple signed photocopied pictures and newspaper articles about himself, as well as a religious pamphlet.

The 63 and 68 cards are upgrades, as he's signed them for me in the past, but always in black.  The 58 is a duplicate but I think this is also an upgrade.  The others he has signed for me either smeared a little, or were in black, or the card lost a lot of color during mailing, etc.  Usually, he signs this card vertically, but this one looks better with a horizontal signature.



Not much else is new.  I'm waiting on several mail-in signings that don't happen until the last week of the month.  I am expecting a return from Camilo Pascual, that, if it turned out well, will be a favorite in my collection.  According to the tracking, it should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday).

2 comments:

GTT said...

Nice! Funny that you posted this at this time - over the weekend I found a story about Al Worthington which I wanted to write him to ask about. This post helped me not procrastinate and write the letter.

Can you confirm for me that he still lives at the address he's listed at by Baseball Almanac - 200 One Nineteen Boulevard, Apt. 1144, Hoover, AL?
Thanks!

Droidtrader said...

Yes, that's the address I used, except I used Birmingham instead of Hoover.