Thursday, April 11, 2024

Andre Dawson TTM Return

Many of the $10 Hall of Fame ttm signers have raised their prices to $20, such as Orlando Cepeda, Jim Rice and Juan Marichal.

But Andre Dawson is still signing for $10.  Some comments on SCN say that his official price list notes that cards are $20, but everyone, including me, has successfully been including $10 per card.  This even includes his 1977 Topps rookie card.  Also noted on SCN is that he has a tendency to keep the money and card when rookies are sent in.  I reviewed the comments and while there are some instances of it happening, it doesn't appear to be so often that he's obviously doing it on purpose.  It's probably just bad luck with the request either not getting to him or not getting back due to some failure within the USPS or a mix up on Mr. Dawson's part.

I sent him a Hall of Fame postcard as well as a 1979 Topps.  



This is my 19th Hall of Fame postcard.  I've got a couple out in the mail and a few more that I just need to send out.

I'm not trying to complete the 79 set, but I include it with requests while working on my 1978 set, or my 1983 set.  I have a little over 200 but haven't gone out of my way or paid a lot to get any of them signed, unless it was a rookie card of a Hall of Famer, like Ozzie Smith.

No comments: