Friday, February 03, 2012

My "Wife's Autographs" from TwinsFest - Friday Night

Although she has become a baseball and Twins fan, my wife isn't much of a collector, and certainly doesn't collect autographs.  When the whole family goes to TwinsFest, my wife and I each take one son and go to whatever lines they have selected.  Since my wife is going to go through the lines anyway, I create a binder for her and she gets autographs for me.

She only went Friday night this year, but she got me some nice autographs.

First, she went through the line with Blackburn, Baker, Casilla and Capps.  She got them all to sign cards, except Casilla, who signed a picture for her (me).

 


Next, my wife and older son saw Butera and Span.  She had Butera sign a game used bat for me, and Span signed a 2011 Topps Heritage.



The next line was Shannon Stewart, Jacque Jones, Jerry White and Joe Vavra.  She had Vavra sign a Target Field picture, Jacque Jones sign a Twins Magazine from 2002, and White and Stewart sign cards.





After that line, they had time to get through another line during the same signing session which included Brian Duensing, Ryan Doumit, Trevor Plouffe and Rene Tosoni.

 


Finally, the got in a very long line for Dan Gladden, Kent Hrbek and Brad Radke.  This was the line that my wife and older son barely got through, as the ushers had cut it off right in front of them (right up at the front of the line too).  Somehow, my wife got them to let them through.  This was a tough line too, because she was getting me three bobbleheads signed.  Two of them from the 1991 Twins World Series set.




The worst part of TwinsFest is that it usually falls on my wife's birthday too.  This year, her birthday was on the Sunday of TwinsFest.  I'll have to make it up to her somehow.

No comments: