Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My Saturday TwinsFest Autographs

Saturday was just me and my older son.  It was the first day we tried to get wristbands for Mauer and Morneau autographs.  We decided to get different colors to increase our chances of getting at least one autograph.  We agreed that if either of us were drawn to get Mauer's autograph, we'd get a bat signed for me, and if either of us were drawn to get Morneau's autograph, we'd get a bat signed for my son.

My son got luck and was drawn for both, so we both got our bats signed.

Anyway, while my son was in line for Mauer in the first session, I went down to the Dome floor and went through a line with Dave Goltz, Dick Stigman, Juan Berenguer and Tim Laudner.  Since my son was getting an autograph for me, I got all of them on cards for him, except Stigman, who I had sign a 1964 Western Oil giveaway portrait by Nicholas Volpe.

 
I also had time to get through another line in the first session: Jamey Carroll, Liam Hendriks, Chris Parmelee and Jeff Manship.  I had Carroll sign a 2007 Topps Heritage, Parmelee sign a 2006 Bowman Heritage, Liam Hendriks sign my Target Field picture and Jeff Manship sign a picture.


Next I went over to the Fergie Jenkins booth and had J.R. Richard and Fergie Jenkins sign their 1972 Topps.


 
While my son got his Morneau bat signed, I got in line for Danny Valencia and Glen Perkins.  The line was really long so my son was able to join me after he got done in Morneau's line.  I had Valencia sign a 2011 Allen & Ginter and Perkins sign a 2008 Topps Heritage.  This was the line where the two of them were talking with each other, and not even looking at the fans that they were signing for.


By the time we got to the Pavano and Marquis line in the next session, it was empty so I was able to get through twice, mainly because I had a couple of cards I wanted Pavano on.  I had him sign a 2011 Topps Heritage and 2010 Allen & Ginter.  I had Marquis sign a 2010 Topps Heritage and a 2010 Allen & Ginter.



After sitting around a bit, we finally decided to get Denard Span's autograph.  I had him sign a 2011 Allen & Ginter.


 Our last line of the day was Josh Willingham and Josh Doumit.  Willingham signed a 2010 Allen & Ginter and Doumit signed a 2009 Topps Heritage.


No comments: