Monday, March 08, 2010

Ernie Banks - 2008 Goudey


Today I received a 2008 Goudey signed by Ernie Banks from a signing at Jim and Steve's. It was delayed a few weeks but came back signed nicely. I also got a ball signed for a friend and it looks great.

I have a 2008 Goudey out to a Mike Schmidt signing and am planning a few more including Eddie Murray, Fred Lynn and Willie McCovey. This set is getting expensive.

I also received another 1954 Topps Whitey Ford today that I bought on eBay. It's an SGC graded card. It's the perfect condition for an autograph: no creases, decent centering, reasonable corners, but still graded as VG/EX, so it was affordable at $40. Do a search on eBay and see if you can find another in this condition. It's not easy. The last one I sent to Mr. Ford came back signed twice. I've decided to send another. I'll also send Yogi Berra his 1954 Topps next week.

No comments: