Saturday, October 19, 2024

Sheldon, Torres, Valle and Smith

I received a few cards back from two players from Puerto Rico via mail-in signings.

Felix Torres signed his 1963 Jell-O, and a few Angels team cards.




And Hector Valle signed his 1965 Topps signed by Lefebvre, a blank 1965 Topps, a 1966 Topps and the 66 Topps Dodgers team card.




I finally got around to buying a 1961 Topps Rollie Sheldon high number card.  It seems a shame to not get a card signed by such a generous signer, but I had to pay about $35 for the card.  Luckily, he did a really nice job of signing it in bold, blue sharpie.

And I bought a 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game signed by Ozzie Smith for much less than his signing fee.  In fact, in an upcoming signing posted on SCN, he isn't even accepting trading cards!  I don't get it.


I've got 65 of this 107-card set signed.  I'm not sure how many are possible, but there are still many left that I can get.  I haven't worked on it too hard lately.  There are 19 players from the set still alive that I don't have, but some are quite expensive, such as George Brett and Mike Schmidt.  I sent in a few cards to a Dave Concepcion signing but forgot to include the one from this set!

No comments: