Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Two Weeks of Catching Up

 I was away from home for two weeks and came back to a lot of ttm returns, purchases, and mail-in signing returns.  I'm going to list them here, in no particular order.

I received three cards back from a Larry Hisle signing.  I had him sign his 1968 Rookie card, completing it, as well as his 1976 and 1983 Topps cards.




Ron Hansen signed the 1961-1963 Orioles team cards as well as a 1972 Rookie of the Year Award card already signed by Stan Bahnsen. I just received the 61 and 63 team cards back from a Jim Gentile signing.  I'm still hopeful that I'll get back these same cards that I sent to Gentile last fall that were signed by a handful of players.  I guess he is trying to work through his backlog.




I purchased a 2021 Topps Heritage In Action card of Max Kepler from an SCN member, only to find out I already have one.


I bought a couple Edgar Martinez Allen & Ginter cards from Tom Orr (Atommic Sports) on eBay.  I had only intended to win one, just so I could add another Hall of Famer to my collection, but oh well.  I also bought a 1970 Topps Strikeout Leaders card signed by Jenkins, Gibson and Singer and a 1970 Topps A's Rookies cards signed by Blue and Tenace.  I already had bought the rookies card from him, but this one is a nice upgrade.





I sent five cards to a consignment via an SCN member at a Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament.  Last year, he was able to get all four I sent in signed, but this year he just got one.

Art Mahaffey signed a couple cards ttm, and also included a signed card of his own. I included his $10 per card fee.



Wayne Garrett signed a couple Mets team cards, his 1974 Topps and a Ron Lewis 1969 Mets postcard.  The postcard got a little wavy in the mail.




Jackie Moore signed three coaches/manager cards and finished off his 1965 Topps rookie card.





Bill Mazeroski signed his 1966 Topps and the 1965 and 1966 Pirates team cards for his $10 per card fee.  I'm going to retire the 65 team card now, and I planned on just leaving his signature on the 66 and not send it out to any other players.




Juan Marichal signed his 1966 Topps and a 1966 Topps Giants team card for his $20 per card fee.


And finally, another eBay purchase included a Hall of Fame postcard signed by Bob Lemon, a 1961 Danny McDevitt and a 1972 Joe Niekro card, all slabbed by Beckett.




Whew!  It's so much work to scan these in, update my web site, this blog and SCN with the ttm returns.  But I love having an accurate record of my requests, the web site serves as an inventory of my collection, and this blog is just fun.  I like to review my blog myself from time to time, to see the events and returns.




No comments: