Saturday, February 03, 2024

Mill Creek Sports Purchase

I didn't receive any ttm returns today, but I did receive a recent purchase from Mill Creek Sports.

I added another 1958 Topps to my set collection with Harry Hanebrink.  This is one of the nicer cards in my set probably, just because of the condition.  Most of my card are VG or VG/EX, because I sent them through the mail and didn't expect them to survive without additional damage during shipping.  Beckett graded this autograph as a 10, for whatever that's worth.


And I bought two more Rod Carew cards: a 1978 Topps and his 1983 All Star card.  This 78 was THE card to pull from packs when I was 11 years old.  I probably pulled a few, but not nearly as many as the Butch Wynegar and Mike Cubbage cards, for some reason.


There are four Carew cards in the 1983 Topps set.  This card makes it three for my collection.  I'm missing the Angels team leaders card with Carew and Mike Witt.  I haven't been too active ttm with this set, but have accumulated some star/HOF cards.













No comments: