Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Denard Span Mail-In Signing Return

A few days ago, I received a return from a Denard Span mail-in signing.  This was a signing where the promoter gathers the items from the customers, then mails them to the player to sign and mail back, as opposed to meeting with the player in person.

This often results in unpredictable timelines for returns, but as long as you can live with that, I guess it's okay.  I would be hesitant to send in a rare/expensive multi-signed item, or something that I wanted handled in a very specific way, where it would be best to have the promoter sitting next to the player signing to make sure it got done correctly.

When I committed to the signing, I was sure I'd need at least three cards signed by him, but after looking into it, I really only needed his 2012 Topps Heritage signed.  I had a few other cards of his, but wasn't really thrilled about them, so I decided that getting multiples of this high-number card might result in some good trade items in the future.



I have a bunch of his cards signed from in-person events like TwinsFest.  The "D" in his first name on these don't match up well with those examples, but the rest is spot on.  Maybe he's changed his signature since I last saw him 12 years ago, or maybe he had so many to sign that it got a little sloppy as he made his way through all the items he needed to sign.

Here's a card I got signed at TwinsFest 2012.

1 comment:

Ginko-5 said...

Those autos look pretty good. The mail-in autographs are an interesting idea.

If you don't know me, check out my blog:
doncardwelllovesthisblog.blogspot.com