Friday, February 02, 2024

Graig Nettles Private Signing Return

I received two cards back from a Graig Nettles private signing today.  He signed his 1971 and 1972 Topps for these sets that I'm working on.


I paid $20 each, which after some consideration, seemed like a lot.  But his ttm record is very spotty with just a 51% success rate on SCN.  He also has another upcoming signing that three different promoters are taking items for, but that signing is $35 for any item, with no special prices for cards.  I guess I'm happy to get these two cards added to my collection even if it was more than I wanted to spend.

He signed a couple cards for me for free back in 2005.


I was reading the BR Bullpen entry to him over at baseball-reference.com (https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Graig_Nettles) and it mentioned that Graig is referenced in Bruce Springsteen's song, Glory Days from 1985: "Nettles got me, bottom of the ninth".

His younger brother, Jim, played for the Twins and has been a generous ttm signer for many years with no fees.


No comments: