Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Four Returns

I received four returns today, but still didn't get one of the sases that were in my Informed Delivery yesterday.

Bernie Carbo signed his 1971 Topps (I think), and also enclosed a religious card.  I've never received a religious card from him before.  The signature on the 1971 Topps is very uncharacteristic.  The signature on the religious card matches the signatures I've received in the past.  I'm not sure what to make of this.  I've posted this on SCN to see if folks there think it was really signed by Mr. Carbo.


Ken Harrelson signed his 1966 and 1967 Topps.  He didn't return the 1965 Topps.  This is the second time he has kept a card.  The sase wasn't sealed, but based on his history, I think he kept it rather than it falling out of the envelope.


Bobby Richardson signed his 1959 and 1964 Topps as well as the 1965 Yankees team card.  Without me asking, he added a bunch of inscriptions to the 64 Topps, which looks awesome.  He is a very generous signer.  

I enclosed $30 with my request, although I think some people send $5 per, and I believe he even signs for free.  I don't see any requests on SCN where he's refused a request because no money was enclosed, and there is no fee listed for him there either.  I've sent to him a lot.  There aren't too many old Yankees around anymore that are signing.

He also enclosed a signed religious pamphlet, although it's signed simply as "Bobby".



Finally, Pete Smith signed his 1964 Topps.  He didn't sign the 1963 Red Sox team card I had enclosed.  In his note back to me, he said he's not in the picture, so he didn't sign it.  He also noted that Archie Skeen, the other player on the 1964 Topps has passed away, but that he's "doing fine so far".

No comments: