Thursday, January 27, 2022

Tony Kubek TTM Return

I haven't added many new cards to my 1963 Topps set, but I finally quit procrastinating and sent a card to Tony Kubek.  I'll never complete the set, but it seems like a shame not to add a 50's Yankee to the set if I have the opportunity. 


Mr. Kubek asks for a $35 donation to WELS, which he noted goes to "...assist those in need."  It's not cheap, but it seems to go to a good cause, and probably helps keep his mail volume to a reasonable level.  He also wrote me a nice, short note regarding a comment I made in my letter.  It's nice to know that at least sometimes the player reads what I write!

In 2009 I sent in his 1958 and 1965 Topps to a signing with MAB.


I also have a 1958 Yankees team ball that is missing his signature.  At this point though, I'm too afraid to send it through the mail.  It has Berra, Ford, Larsen, Skowron, Shantz and more.  He doesn't seem to do paid signings anymore so I might not ever get his signature on it.

No comments: