Wednesday, January 19, 2022

1960 Topps Chuck Estrada

Just one return today with a single card.  I've sent to Mr. Estrada a few times over the years, and he's been a generous signer.

This time he signed his 1960 Topps rookie card for me in a little over two weeks.

Back in 2012 he signed his 1961 Topps with the Topps All Star Rookie trophy on it.

In 2015, he signed the 1961 Topps AL Games Won Leaders card (from 1960).  He was the third one to sign it, but since then I've gotten it completely signed.  You can see how beat up the card got by sending it ttm 6 times.  Sometimes you can even see color rubbed off onto the inside of the envelope.


Here it is after Jim Perry signed it to complete it:

Here it is after Milt Pappas was the first to sign it:


You can see that it started out as a pretty nice card.  Pappas' signature was a little smeared and I debated starting over but figured it would end up with some flaw after having six people sign it, so I just kept going.  It's kind of like getting that first door-ding on your new car.

1 comment:

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Wow I've never seen a 6-player card signed before. Very nice.