Thursday, October 06, 2011

1991 Twins Bobblehead Set Has Arrived!

Finally, I received my 1991 Twins bobblehead set, which I ordered back in August. This set came in two separate boxes.


These bobbleheads feel much lighter than most other bobbleheads.  Maybe there's more plastic in them?  A different type of material?  The paint job is as sloppy as ever, but the likenesses of the players are better than most.  This set also has a wider variety of poses, which is nice.  Some of the pitchers are on a brown base, rather than the typical green.


Surprisingly, I only had a couple with any type of damage.  The small plaque on the Jack Morris figure was glue face-down, and prying it up left some of the white of the plaque stuck to the base.  I'm not sure if I'll try to get a replacement or not.  One of the heads also came off one of the bobbleheads as I was putting it away.  This is pretty common.  I'll just glue it back on.  The same thing had happened to my Sal Butera bobblehead from the 1987 set.  When I sent it in to a signing, I just mailed the head rather than the whole body, and glued it back on after I got it back.

There is a 1986 Mets reunion coming up in a couple of weeks.  I am trying to arrange a deal with an SCN contact to take my Terry Leach and Rick Aguilera bobbleheads to get signed.  I'm hoping I can get 4 or 5 of them signed at TwinsFest next January as well.  Tom Kelly, Kent Hrbek, Kevin Tapani and Al Newman should be pretty easy.

No comments: