Thursday, March 05, 2009

Another Famous Sluggers Yearbook

I didn't receive any returns in the mail today or yesterday, which surprises me a bit considering how many requests I have sent recently. I did receive a couple of purchases from eBay though.


I received a Famous Sluggers Yearbook from 1950. I posted about these a few months ago. This one is from 1950 and has George Kell, Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams and Ralph Kiner on the cover. It has the usual great articles about players from the day. Inside this one was something I hadn't seen before. A loose sheet describing the bats they produce and their prices. It also describes the models, by player name, and their characteristics.


I also received a 1956 Sports Illustrated with Whitey Ford on the cover. Definitely an item I'll send out to be signed.

Last, I received a 1965 Topps of Dean Chance, which I'll be sending to the Bob Feller Museum for a signing later this month. Mr. Chance is a tough autograph to get, so I'll be sending this card and a ball as well. He was the Cy Young Award winner in 1964 and won 20 games for the Twins in 1967.

No comments: