Monday, September 14, 2026

Updates After Being Distracted For a While

Our new cabin is taking up a lot more of my time than I expected, especially since it's only about a four year old cabin.

Anyway, filling up that cabin with furniture, including beds, along with other household items has resulted in a lot of credit card points.  I used a lot of them to buy three new cards for my 1958 Topps set.


In that same order, I bought a couple Jim Nash cards, who is a good ttm signer, but personalizes.



Last week, I received a disappointing Jack Hiatt return.  Mr. Hiatt usually uses a black pen that smears easily.  Last time I sent to him, I included a sharpie and that worked well.  So, I tried including a sharpie again, which means it cost about $6 in postage each way.  I also included $20 as a thank you for the hassle.  But this time he didn't use my pen, and used 'old smeary', which didn't disappoint.  He smeared three of the four cards, including a team card that had five signatures on it.  Ugggh.  I know, I know.  Don't send anything you can't afford to lose, and he doesn't owe me anything, but I can still be disappointed.




Today I received ttm returns from a couple TTM All Stars: Ken Aspromonte and Marty Keough.  They both signed my cards nicely and in just nine days.






I should have another JSA/CGC submission back by the end of the week.  I also received my last bobblehead order back but haven't had the time to photograph them yet.  They are still in their boxes.


No comments: