Monday, June 03, 2024

Billy Cowan TTM Return and Some Purchases -Blanchard, Castillo and Killebrew

The sole TTM return today was from Billy Cowan, who signed the 1965 Cubs team card, his 1972 Topps, the 1972 Topps Angels team card and the 1972 Minor League Player of the Year award card.  This is the first signature I've gotten on this award card, and now I've gotten at least one on all of the award cards.




I received a few purchases from various sources.  I bought a couple Luis Castillo Allen & Ginter cards from Under the Radar Sports Promotions.  I sent into their signing with him a couple years ago but only sent one Heritage card.  These two Ginters help get me a little closer to completing the Twins team sets for these years, but still leaves me with some big names like Santana, Morneau, Hunter and Liriano.


I bought a 1966 Topps signed by Johnny Blanchard on eBay from an SCN member that I've bought many cards from.  I'm not actively working on this set, but I really like Johnny Blanchard and was able to win this auction for the minimum bid.  

I can't believe it's been over 15 years since I met Mr. Blanchard at a local signing, along with my older son.  Mr. Blanchard was very friendly and telling all sorts of Yankees stories including some Yogi-isms.  He also let my son wear his World Series ring, which was amazing.  I wrote about it here:

https://droidtrader.blogspot.com/2009/02/johnny-blanchard-in-person-appearance.html

Finally, I added a 1971 Topps Harmon Killebrew card to my set.  The card isn't in great shape, but the autograph is nice.

I've got a bunch of cards to send out, as well as a few mail-in signings I need to get moving on.

2 comments:

Crocodile said...

Nice Killebrew card. I've never met Johnny Blanchard but have a couple of auto's from him in my collection that my mom got. He got hurt - I assume while playing the Twins here - and was in the hospital where my mom worked.

Droidtrader said...

Wow, that's cool. I believe he married a woman from Minnesota and lived here after his playing days.