Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Happy New Year!

I'm already on the board for 2024, with a return from Brian Asselstine who signed his 1978 and 1979 Topps that I sent to him over 2.5 years ago.  He has a 90% return rate on SCN, but often takes a long time to respond.  Not usually this long, but often over three months.  I think my return was the second longest listed, with some fellow collector sending to him just a few days before I did.


I also received a couple eBay purchases to add to my 1971 Topps set.  Both the Ron Santo and Bob Lemon cards are JSA authenticated with a basic certification, which means there's a sticker on the back with a numbers-matching card.


I also received a return from a Mike Lum private signing.  I decided I might as well get all the cards I need for my sets, as well as his rookie card that he shares with former-Twin Larry Hisle.  I'll be watching for signing for Hisle to complete it.  He signs ttm, but it a bit spotty and I'd rather not risk losing this card.







No comments: