Wednesday, January 03, 2024

A Few More Purchases

Today I received three cards I purchased from a fellow SCN member via his eBay account. 

I bought a couple 1960 Topps, including Jerry Lumpe and Bill "Moose" Skowron, and a 1961 Topps signed by Larry Sherry.

Lumpe was a very generous signer and I sent to him several times over the years.  I just never got around to sending out this card to him.

I sent to Bill Skowron a few times as well.  He was also a generous signer and I wish I had sent to this six-time All Star and five-time World Series Champ more often.


Mr. Skowron has two cards in the 1958 Topps set, which is the "primary" set I collect, meaning I prioritize it above all the others when deciding how to spend my available funds.



I only sent a request to Larry Sherry once, and the 1965 Topps I sent came back smeared.  I wish I had tried again, and also sent the 1961 Topps card of both him and his brother, Norm. 


No comments: